|author||Sascha Hauer <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2015-08-26 09:04:45 +0200|
|committer||Sascha Hauer <email@example.com>||2015-08-27 21:37:03 +0200|
restart: replace reset_cpu with registered restart handlers
This replaces the reset_cpu() function which every SoC or board must provide with registered handlers. This makes it possible to have multiple reset functions for boards which have multiple ways to reset the machine. Also boards which have no way at all to reset the machine no longer have to provide a dummy reset_cpu() function. The problem this solves is that some machines have external PMICs or similar to reset the system which have to be preferred over the internal SoC reset, because the PMIC can reset not only the SoC but also the external devices. To pick the right way to reset a machine each handler has a priority. The default priority is 100 and all currently existing restart handlers are registered with this priority. of_get_restart_priority() allows to retrieve the priority from the device tree which makes it possible for boards to give certain restart handlers a higher priority in order to use this one instead of the default one. Signed-off-by: Sascha Hauer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'arch/arm/mach-uemd')
2 files changed, 1 insertions, 25 deletions
diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-uemd/Makefile b/arch/arm/mach-uemd/Makefile
index f3cc668..16a2186 100644
@@ -1 +1 @@
-obj-y += reset.o
+obj- := __dummy__.o
diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-uemd/reset.c b/arch/arm/mach-uemd/reset.c
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,24 +0,0 @@
- * Copyright (C) 2014 Antony Pavlov <email@example.com>
- * This file is part of barebox.
- * See file CREDITS for list of people who contributed to this project.
- * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
- * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2
- * as published by the Free Software Foundation.
- * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
- * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- * GNU General Public License for more details.
-void __noreturn reset_cpu(ulong addr)