Diffstat (limited to 'dts/Bindings/spi/spi-gpio.txt')
1 files changed, 18 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/dts/Bindings/spi/spi-gpio.txt b/dts/Bindings/spi/spi-gpio.txt
index a95603b..52db562 100644
@@ -1,18 +1,30 @@
SPI-GPIO devicetree bindings
+This represents a group of 3-n GPIO lines used for bit-banged SPI on dedicated
- compatible: should be set to "spi-gpio"
- #address-cells: should be set to <0x1>
- - gpio-sck: GPIO spec for the SCK line to use
- - gpio-miso: GPIO spec for the MISO line to use
- - gpio-mosi: GPIO spec for the MOSI line to use
+ - sck-gpios: GPIO spec for the SCK line to use
+ - miso-gpios: GPIO spec for the MISO line to use
+ - mosi-gpios: GPIO spec for the MOSI line to use
- cs-gpios: GPIOs to use for chipselect lines.
Not needed if num-chipselects = <0>.
- num-chipselects: Number of chipselect lines. Should be <0> if a single device
with no chip select is connected.
+These legacy GPIO line bindings can alternatively be used to define the
+GPIO lines used, they should not be used in new device trees.
+ - gpio-sck: GPIO spec for the SCK line to use
+ - gpio-miso: GPIO spec for the MISO line to use
+ - gpio-mosi: GPIO spec for the MOSI line to use
@@ -20,9 +32,9 @@ Example:
#address-cells = <0x1>;
- gpio-sck = <&gpio 95 0>;
- gpio-miso = <&gpio 98 0>;
- gpio-mosi = <&gpio 97 0>;
+ sck-gpios = <&gpio 95 0>;
+ miso-gpios = <&gpio 98 0>;
+ mosi-gpios = <&gpio 97 0>;
cs-gpios = <&gpio 125 0>;
num-chipselects = <1>;