1 files changed, 14 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/doc/user_manual.inc b/doc/user_manual.inc
index 626ad857f..befc57857 100644
@@ -414,16 +414,22 @@ project.
Target’s root filesystem image. This directory can be mounted as
- an NFS root for example.
- Target’s root filesystem image. The difference to ``root/`` is,
- all programs and libraries in this directory still have their
- debug information present. This directory is intended to be used
- as system root for a debugger. To be used by the debugger, you
- should setup your debugger with
- ``set solib-absolute-prefix </path/to/workspace>/root-debug``
+ an NFS root for example. Refer :ref:`nfsroot` for further details how to
+ make use of it. In case of a debug session, this directory can be used
+ by a modern GDB for its sysroot as well by using
+ ``set sysroot </path/to/workspace>/|ptxdistPlatformDir|/root``.
+ Target’s root filesystem image intended to be used as system filesystem root
+ for a debugger. The difference to ``|ptxdistPlatformDir|/root/`` is, all
+ programs and libraries in this directory still have their debug information
+ present. To be used by the debugger, we should setup our debugger with
+ ``set sysroot </path/to/workspace>/|ptxdistPlatformDir|/root-debug``.
+ Please note: this feature will fade-out soon. It is replaced by a long
+ time supported feature used by modern GDBs: using sub-directories named
+ ``.debug`` present in the ``|ptxdistPlatformDir|/root`` directory
Building every package is divided onto stages. And stages of one
package can depend on stages of other packages. In order to handle