Diffstat (limited to 'common/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 14 insertions, 14 deletions
diff --git a/common/Kconfig b/common/Kconfig
index 21b33f0..53052c9 100644
@@ -245,16 +245,6 @@ config BAREBOX_MAX_BARE_INIT_SIZE
this will allow your bare_init to fit in SRAM as example
ARCH can overwrite it via ARCH_BAREBOX_MAX_BARE_INIT_SIZE
- depends on PBL_MULTI_IMAGES
- depends on IMAGE_COMPRESSION
- prompt "Maximum PBLX size"
- default 0xffffffff
- Define the maximum size of the PBLX image.
- The pblx is a self extracting barebox binary.
@@ -1016,11 +1006,21 @@ config DEBUG_INFO
depends on HAS_DEBUG_LL
- prompt "low level debug messages"
+ prompt "Low level debug messages (read help)"
- Enable this to get low level debug messages during barebox initialization.
- This requires SoC specific support. Most SoCs require the debug UART to be
- initialized by a debugger or first stage bootloader.
+ Enable this to get low level debug messages during barebox
+ initialization. This is helpful if you are debugging code that
+ executes before the console is initialized.
+ This requires SoC specific support. Most SoCs require the
+ debug UART to be initialized by a debugger or first stage
+ Note that selecting this option will limit barebox to a single
+ UART definition, as specified below under "low-level debugging
+ port". Attempting to boot the resulting image on a different
+ platform *will not work*, so this option should not be enabled
+ for builds that are intended to be portable.
prompt "Kernel low-level debugging port"